Sunday, October 18, 2009

Flu Shots, Potluck & Football - A Good Weekend

Yesterday Kim and I got our Flu shots. Thought this might be a good idea to do before the surgery. We went to the CVS at Longview and it worked out pretty well. The nurse giving the shots was very friendly and helpful. One of the questions on the form I filled out asked if I took bloodthinner medication. I thought this was interesting and wondered if I would not be able to get the shot in the future, since I will be on bloodthinners after the surgery. She said it wouldn't be a problem to get the shot in the future, but you couldn't receive a shot if you had a bleeding wound at the time. I learn something new everyday. This was an opening to talk about my up-coming surgery. She asked where I would have the surgery, and she mentioned that Research was a good hospital to have it done. Which was nice to hear.

Last night we had a potluck dinner at the house with our neighbors. It was a great time. The food was good, lots of kids playing, and good company.

Today was a good day. We watched the Chiefs with the Wankum gang which is always fun and the Chiefs finally won. Miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment