Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pre-Op Checks Today

Today I finished my final checks before the surgery. They took blood twice (and I didn't pass out) and they took chest X-rays. I got to see the waiting room and got more familiar with the layout of the hospital. The nurse gave me the spirometer that I will use after the surgery and gave me instructions cleaning the day of the surgery. The nurses were extremely helpful and encouraging. It made me feel confortable and encouraged that everything ran so smoothly.

I also got to meet Sharon from Cardiac Rehab. She talked about the importance of getting up and moving around after the surgery and she trained me how I will get up from a chair after the surgery. Her group will be helping me with walking in the hospital 3 times a day starting as soon as I am ready and out of ICU. She also talked about a Cardiac Rehab group in Lee's Summit that I go to 3 times a week after coming home to help the recovery process.

I had a good feeling leaving the hospital after the pre-op checks. I felt like and knew the drill for next Wednesday and that there were skilled and kind people that were going to help me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment