Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today I Scheduled the Surgery

Well today I scheduled my heart valve replacement surgery. I spoke on the phone with Lisa at Dr. Forman's office. She was very helpful and explained the next steps which will include some paperwork and a visit to RMC for a pre-surgery anesthesia test. I'll do that on October 29th.

With the 2 prepatory tests (the catheterization and the CAT Scan) out of the way, I scheduled the surgery for November 4th at Research Medical Center. I'll receive a St. Jude mechanical valve. Based on my visit with Dr. Forman, who will perform the surgery, I didn't want to put it off too long. At least this way I can look forward to pumpkin pie and turkey at Thanksgiving.

Everything I read I will be in surgery for 5-6 hours and in intensive care for 24-48 hours. I'll be in the hospital for 4-7 days and have a 4-8 week recovery. Hopefully all will go well with the recovery and I will be good as new for 2010.

Now that the surgery is scheduled it is both a relief and a little worry rolled into one. I appreciate all your support, your thoughts, and your prayers. Times like these it's good to have family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment