Sunday, October 11, 2009

My First Posting

11 October 2009 - Today I created a blog to post information regarding my upcoming heart valve replacement. I hope this is a good way to communicate with friends and family regarding how things are going.

We'll see how it works.

I wanted to capture a little history with this first post:

9 Sept 2009 - Visited Dr. Mazzella and had my regular Echo-cardiogram. The results indicated a change from the previous results. He suggested I see Dr. Forman, a surgeon to discuss.

12 Sept 2009 - By the way do you think this sweat heart in my shirt was a sign from God.




22 Sept 2009 - Visited Dr. Forman. He explained my condition and indicated I needed to have my Aortic valve replaced. He used the data to explain the how much my valve opened (0.6 square cm, normal is 2.0 square cm). He also talked about the pressure drop my valve caused and that this could harm my heart permanently if it were not addressed. I asked how worried I should be, and he said "you should worry about this everyday". Needless to say his words have moved me to action.

28 Sept 2009 - I had a cardiac catheterization completed today at Research Medical Center. They gave me medication, so I do not remember the procedure, but I do remember the prep and leaving the room where the test took place. Dr. Mazzella performed the test, it went well and I was home by 1:00. Kim was with me during the morning and the recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment