Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Bad, the Ugly, and the Good

Well it has been a little while since I last checked in and a few things have happened. First the bad and ugly and I saved the good for last.

The Bad: Kim and Kathleen have had colds the last couple of days. Kim is OK, but a little tired. She took Kathleen to the doctor today with an ear/sinus infection that got into her eye. I guess tomorrow there will be 3 of us at home since Kathleen can't go with her eye like it is.

The Ugly: My blood INR level has been lower than the target range on the test on Thursday. Low enough that the doctor prescribed some additional medicine, shots :( Five shot (2 a day) over the weekend into my stomach. I'm not sure if it is harder on me or on Kim who has to give them to me. They don't really hurt, but it is a bit of an unexpected pain if you know what I mean. Hopefully the Coumadin/Warfarin dosage will get worked out this week, and I can move on. It's frustrating, and I think this really made me realize that the blood testing will be an ongoing regular battle that I will have to get used to. I'll have to offer it up.

The Good: I really wanted to save the good for last, because the last few days haven't been as bad as they may have sounded. I am feeling better each day and getting less sore. Went to church again today and watched the Chiefs (they won, miracles do happen). Still getting great support from friends, neighbors, and co-workers. The meals and desserts everyone have brought have been very good and very comforting. Thanks guys! The good definitely outweighs the bad and ugly. We have alot to be thankful for this week.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment