Monday, November 16, 2009

Good Weekend - Bad Weather

I had a good weekend. Feeling a little better each day and we had several activities for the girls. I have started to slip into a routine of morning walk, lunch, afternoon nap, and afternoon walk. A nice routine. I'm still sore and still get tired easily, but I can see my chest healing and I'm getting a little more range of motion and a little more energy each day.

I went to Mass yesterday morning. It was good to see everyone from church. I think they were surprised to see me. I sat for most of Mass, but was able to make it to communion without my trusty pillow in tow. A major accomplishment.

My new heart valve even made it through a Chiefs game. We watched with the Wankum clan, and I made it through OK. The Chiefs can sure test your stress level so this was a good check, and I passed.

Another blood test this morning as they try to narrow in on what my dosage of blood-thinner medication should be. Maybe some already know this, but I hate giving blood. I have a real problem with it. I told Kim I have a 6th sense, that I can feel the blood leaving my arm and I immediately start a cold sweat. Well I guess I better get used to it, as it will be a regular occurance. This is one I guess I'll just have to offer up.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment