Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Full Day at Home & Other Firsts

Well today is the first full day at home. Lots of first to keep things moving along.

Although I didn't have what you would call a good night of sleep, it was nice to be back in my own bed. Stack the pillows high enough and I didn't have to lay flat, which really hurts. One thing I learned is that my new valve does tick. When it is really quiet you can hear it. Let's just hope that it runs like a Timex from here on out.

Today lots of firsts. I was feeling a little nauseous and my first first of the day made me feel 100 times better and less nauseous. I had my first walk outside since the surgery. Seven whole minutes and I almost made it to the end of the street. First shower and shave since the surgery. Kathleen and Megan had threatened to cut me off the kisses unless I did something about the whiskers. I think they wouldn't have, but I shaved just in case. Better go know, all these firsts have made me tired. Talk you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment